Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hard Baked Eggs and Egg Molds!

My children are OBSESSED with hard baked eggs! I mean OBSESSED! They can go through a carton of eggs in a few days! SO, I now had the excuse to buy these CUTE egg molds off Amazon!! Here is how to use them! {This batch I used "Large" eggs BUT I think the "Jumbo" would have been MUCH better}The boys loved them anyways and ate these FOUR after dinner, AFTER dessert....They love them I tell you.

Bake your eggs, using a mini muffin tin
 In the oven on 350 degrees for 30min
{oven temp and time may vary}
Once eggs are finished they may have brown spots on them but that is OKAY!
Place baked eggs in an ice bath for 10min {this will wash off their spots and stop the cooking}
Now you can peel the eggs or save them in the fridge!!

EGG MOLD TIME!
Bake the eggs as stated above BUT DO NOT give them the ice bath YET!!


Open up these cute molds.

Once the eggs are baked
Peel the eggs under cool water and place in the mold
{eggs should STILL be warm when placed in mold}

Close up the molds and place in a
cold/ice water bath for 10min
After 10min open up your molds and there you GO
 a CUTE fish and a car!!
{Don't mind the fish, he got attacked by the shell!}
My boys loved them and when they are ready to eat, I cut them in half and dash some Tony Chachere's on top, then cut in bite size bites!

I learned about the "Hare Baked Eggs" from Pinterest! From The Burlap Bag blog
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment