Friday, December 7, 2012

Kid sheets

Forever ago when I taught school I read a book that taught you ways to teach your students/kids to be successful at being independent. One of the tips that always stuck with me was to only use the fitted sheet and comforter for children's bed. This way they could make their bed and be successful with this task. My kids don't use a sheet or a comforter, they prefer their lovies as blankets, so this trick works like a charm for us! And it saves ME time in making the bed and cleaning the sheets! SO I now have a STACK of flat sheets that have never been used! I use one to cover the box mattress and the rest just sit in the closet!
My friend Ashleigh uses towels when working with messy crafts and after seeing her pics it clicked! I can use these flat sheets for messy crafts.
TODAY I finally remembered to pull them out so they boys could play with play dough during independent play! And the sheets worked great! I am excited to shake out and pick up play dough from the sheet rather then picking it out of the carpet. I hope this helps you! Thanks Ash for always having great ideas!! Xoxo

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment